At Alex Jones, we understand that financial considerations are important when organising a funeral and, as we intend to always be fully transparent with our services, we have created a quick and simple guide.
Limited Service Funeral: in line with The National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors, our basic funeral package costs £1,995 plus disbursements (the fees that we pay on your behalf). A very basic cremation service will cost from £2,596.00 (including Kent and Sussex Crematorium and doctors’ fees). A burial will cost considerably more as burial space comes at a premium.
Traditional Funeral Service: when it comes to traditional services, the price can vary greatly depending on personal requirements such as limousines, flowers and newspaper announcements. As such, in order to get an accurate quotation, we strongly advise that you discuss your wishes with our team.
- A proportion of our overhead expenses
- Arrangement fees
- Liaison with and making all external payments to: officiants, doctors and other authorities as necessary
- Preparation and distribution of all relevant documentation in order for the funeral to proceed legally
- Care of the deceased prior to the funeral, and dressing as instructed
- Use of one of our chapel of rest (if necessary)
- Handling of donations on your behalf
- Placing newspaper announcements on your behalf
- Providing a full advisory service before and after the funeral
- Provision of a chauffeured hearse, limousine and the necessary staff on the day of the funeral
- Transfer of the deceased to one of our private chapels of rest
If you have something specific regarding our pricing that you would like to talk to us about, give the team at Alex Jones a call today, we would be glad to support you. Alternatively, we have funeral homes in Lingfield, Oxted, Forest Row and Edenbridge, if you would prefer to visit us.